Newspapers Display Advertisement
Every newspaper decides the tariff of Display Advertisements as per their circulation and readership. Therefore Display ad rates will vary even for every edition of the newspaper. The higher the circulation the tariff rates also increases because you get more reach and readership.
For most of the newspapers Display advertisement tariff is charged per square centimeter. Therefore the cost of advertisement depends on the size you choose. Generally the minimum size accepted is 4x5 ie 20 sqcm and the maximum size is Full Page which is around 1700 sqcms. The cost of Display advertisement even varies according to the page you select. If it is the front page of the newspaper, the charges will be relatively high compared to the inner page advertisement and even the minimum size of advertisement changes for the premium page.
ADVANTAGES OF NEWSPAPER ADVERTISING:
- As newspapers carry news, there are always a large demand and wide circulation.
- Newspapers are read often and continuous publicity is possible. For example, by using daily papers, day-to-day publicity can be introduced.
- By proper selection, an appeal can be made to a selected class of readers.
- Timely announcements can be made within a few hours of conceiving the idea.
- The confidence of the readers in their newspapers generally extends to the advertisements in such papers.
- It is suitable for both direct and indirect selling and selling through the post is made possible.
- It gives the opportunity for a lengthy appeal.
- It serves as an introduction to follow-up system and forms a means of distributing application forms, coupons folders, etc.